The North Fork Valley Canopy Tour: the NROCKS Experience!
NROCKS’s North Fork Valley Canopy Tour was the first of its kind in this part of West Virginia and is still the longest, most scenic in the region. It begins with a short practice zip line so that first timers can get the jitters out while they learn the simple techniques that will keep them safely zipping through the trees. After successful completion of the practice zip, as they say…it’s all downhill from here (and thankfully so!)! With 12 zip lines as long as 680 feet in length, and 80 feet in the air, 3 sky bridges and a 40 foot rappel, the Canopy Tour is sure to quench your thirst for fun and adventure while also allowing you to enjoy the beauty of the North Fork Valley from your perch high in the trees! Minimum weight requirement is 70 lbs, maximum is 250 lbs. Typical tour size is 1-10 participants. Call (877) 435-4842 to schedule parties larger than 10. Tickets are $70 – $90 per person, plus tax.
Are reservations required for the North Fork Valley Canopy Tour?
While reservations are not required for the Canopy Tour, they are highly recommended. The staff at NROCKS try’s their very best to accommodate “walk ins”, but are sometimes unable to do so. Make a reservation today to guarantee a spot on one of our tours!
Is the Canopy Tour safe?
Because safety is the top priority for NROCKS, the tour employs a double cable construction and has been built to exceed the Association for Challenge Course Technology (ACCT) standards. Additionally, tours will be facilitated by two Canopy Tour Guides who have received training according to standards set forth by the ACCT and WV Department of Labor Zipline and Canopy Tour Responsibility Act, and are First Aid and CPR certified, making this adventure one the entire family is sure to enjoy.
Do I have to be in good shape to go on the Canopy Tour?
You should be in moderately good health, be able to walk ½ mile, and be able to pull yourself along a zip line cable for approximately 10 feet.
I’m scared of heights, should I do the Canopy Tour?
If you have a general, healthy fear of heights you should be okay. If you are intensely scared of heights, this might not be the best activity for you.
Do you run the Canopy Tour rain or shine?
Yes indeed! While we will continue to zipline in the rain, we are very diligent in monitoring the weather in case a more serious weather system arrives including thunderstorms, high winds, etc. In the case that we experience this type of weather, we always attempt to give guests as early notice as possible so that they can make other plans.
What should I wear?
You should dress for movement and according to the weather. The temperature tends to be about 10°F cooler in the mountains so it is recommended that you bring layers (long sleeve tee-shirt, sweatshirt etc) so you can layer and de-layer accordingly. Short shorts are not recommended. Long hair will need to be pulled back into a ponytail.
What shoes should I wear?
Sturdy, close-toed shoes such as lightweight hiking shoes or lightweight hiking boots are best. Please do not wear sandals of any kind, including Chacos, Teva, FiveFinger shoes or Crocs.
What should I bring with me?
- A small daypack
- Personal medications (if needed on the trip)
- Camera (optional, must be secured)
- Extra clothing (light rain jacket, sweatshirt, long sleeve t-shirt, etc.)
Policies & Specs
- Tour Duration
- Approximately 2 – 3.5 hours.
- Difficulty Level
- Your trained Canopy Tour guides will be doing all the technical work of clipping and unclipping your harness onto the various cables so you can simple let go and enjoy the ride!
- Must be in moderately good health
- Must be able to walk a ½ mile
- Must have the strength to pull him or herself along the cable and slow him or herself down by creating friction on the cable.
- What to Wear
- Dress in layers so you can make adjustments as you warm up and cool down. In
general wear comfy, loose-fitting clothing that does not restrict your movement. Short shorts are not recommended. Long hair must be tied back.
- Sturdy athletic shoes or lightweight hiking shoes/boots. No sandals or opened toed shoes (including Chacos or Tevas). No FiveFingers shoes.
- Bring with You
- Waivers, small daypack, water, trail snacks, sunscreen, camera (optional, must be secured), rain gear (if necessary).
- Minimum Age
- No age limit!
- Weight Requirement
- You must weigh between 70 – 250 pounds.
- Group Size
- Typical tour size is 1-10 participants. If you have more than 10 people in your party, please call (877) 435-4842 to schedule a tour!
- Late Policy
- Please plan to arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled departure time. If you are late and miss the orientation, there will be no refunds or transfers, and we cannot guarantee a spot on a later tour.
- $70 – $90 per person, plus tax*
*The $70 rate is only available from November 15th – March 15th
Book a Trip Today!
Click here to find out what dates are available and to book your adventure today!
North Fork Valley Canopy Tour
If booking for more than 10 guests, please call 1-877-435-4842
*taxes not included in pricing. Pricing subject to change without notice